Friday, June 25, 2010

Simple Sangria

Today was once again a beautiful day. The matches today were quite interesting. The two I watched brought me great joy.

First up was Brazil v Portugal. Though I thought the match was going to be epic, it was slightly boring owing to stalemate, gridlock, no goals and 7 yellow cards in the first half alone. But I was joyous that Portugal made it through to the round on 16.

The second game was much more to my delight! Spain v Chile. It was quite a wonderful match, with David Villa scoring Spain's first goal and another also in the first half. While Chile scored in the opening minutes of the second half, I was unperturbed, I knew Spain would make it. Ask my friend Monique, I called the 2-1 score from the very beginning.

So both Spain and Chile are through. Today's drink recipe is in honour of Spain and its one of my favoutites. Its a basic, simple Sangria.

Ingredients

3 1/4 cups ( 26 fl. oz) dry red wine
1 tbls sugar
Juice of 1 large orange
Juice of 1 large lemon
1 large orange, sliced thin crosswise
1 large lemon, sliced thin crosswise
2 medium peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
1 cup (8 fl. oz) club soda

Method

1. Combine all the ingredients except for the club soda in a large punch bowl or serving pitcher, mixing well
2. Refrigerate overnight
3. Immediately before serving, mix in the club soda for added fizz
4. Ladle into cups with ice cubes

Hope you enjoy.


From me to you

Buon Appetito!

Lisa Rhooms

No comments:

Post a Comment